Assistant/Associate Professor in Economics
The section Economics of Technology and Innovation (ETI) is looking for ambitious economists who are willing to work on and develop an academic career path in a vibrant academic community at TU Delft as a world leading engineering university.
The section Economics of Technology and Innovation (ETI) offers positions for economists at the level of assistant professor (Tenure Track) and/or associate professor. The successful candidates are expected to perform academic research and contribute to a research team in economics applied to technological systems and infrastructures such as for example energy, health, water management, artificial intelligence and/or robotization. The successful candidates will also be involved in teaching activities of the ETI section.
The section Economics of Technology and Innovation (ETI) plays an increasingly important role in research on economics and management of technology and innovation worldwide. The research of the ETI section covers a broad spectrum ranging from investigating economics of innovation processes in organisations to technology development in socio-technical systems as well as empirical analysis on innovation performances at the macro-level. These research themes are funded through e.g. the Dutch Research Council (NWO), the European Framework Programs such as H2020 and private and public parties. The section also has a link with the Leiden-Delft-Erasmus Centre for Frugal Innovations aimed at technology and innovation development in emerging economies.
The teaching activities of ETI are in the bachelor program and the three master programs of the TPM faculty as well as in other engineering programs at Delft University of Technology. For more information see: ETI education.
We are looking for ambitious academic economists that are expected to:
- Perform and publish research in high quality academic journals
- Contribute to a research team in the field of economics with an application to technological systems and infrastructures
- Attract externally funded research projects
- Teach Master and Bachelor courses on economics.
- Supervise BSc-, MSc- and PhD students
- Perform management tasks in the section ETI
The candidate should have:
- A PhD degree in economics
- Track record in academic research demonstrated by publications in internationally renowned academic journals (required for associate professorship applicants, desirable for Tenure Track position applicants)
- Track record of applying quantitative empirical methods and modelling in economics
- Demonstrated track record on attracting externally funded research projects (required for associate professorship applicants; desired for Tenure Track position applicants)
- Experience with academic teaching
- Willingness to work in teams and in a multidisciplinary environment
- A UTQ degree (University Teaching Qualification) or willingness to obtain this degree.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Command of the Dutch language is desirable, or a willingness to develop this, with support from the university.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Fixed-term contract: see vacancy text.
Conditions of Tenure Track employment (in case of an assistant professor position)
A tenure-track position is offered for six years. A Tenure Track offers young, talented academics a clear and attractive career path. Based on performance indicators agreed upon at the start of the appointment, a decision will be made by the fifth year whether to offer you a permanent faculty position. For more information about the Tenure Track and the personal development programme, please visit tenure track at TU Delft
The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice can support with advice for you and your accompanying partner about your individual settling needs in the Netherlands. Once arrived you can be supported with individual consults and diverse workshops. Located on Campus are the International Children’s Centre and an international primary school, which are subject to availability as well as several bilingual schools in the nearby surrounding.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
The TU Delft sets specific standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. The TU Delft offers training to improve English competency. Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. If you have less than five years of teaching experience and do not yet have your teaching certificate, you get the chance to obtain this within three years.
- Fulltime, salary scale 11-12: € 3.746.- to € 5.826,- per month gross (assistant professor position)
- Salary scale 13-14 € 5.190,- to € 6.940,- per month gross (associate professor position)
- Intended starting date: September 1st 2021 - January 1st, 2022
Delft University of Technology
Delft University of Technology is built on strong foundations. As creators of the world-famous Dutch waterworks and pioneers in biotech, TU Delft is a top international university combining science, engineering and design. It delivers world class results in education, research and innovation to address challenges in the areas of energy, climate, mobility, health and digital society. For generations, our engineers have proven to be entrepreneurial problem-solvers, both in business and in a social context. At TU Delft we embrace diversity and aim to be as inclusive as possible (see our Code of Conduct). Together, we imagine, invent and create solutions using technology to have a positive impact on a global scale.
Challenge. Change. Impact!
The section ETI is part of the department of Values, Technology and Innovation (VTI) at the Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management. The Department of Values, Technology and Innovation (VTI) focuses on the value dimension of comprehensive engineering, the overarching research theme of the Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management (TPM). It is unique in hosting economists, philosophers and risk scholars. It studies how to develop and diffuse responsible innovations that reflect deeply held social and moral values. The department is one of the largest groups in the world studying value aspects, economics and risks for a wide range of sociotechnical systems. The department plays a leading role nationally and internationally in research in responsible innovation and design for values.
For more information about the selection procedure, please contact Ms A. van Vianen, HR advisor, email: email@example.com
Arbeidsgiveravgift andre annonser
PhD student in Construction Management and Building Technology – Digital twin for sustainable facility management, Creaternity Graduate School
Luleå Tekniska Universitet Luleå
Senior Lecturer in Informatics
University of Gothenburg Göteborg
Senior Lecturer in Informatics
University of Gothenburg Göteborg
Professor / Associate Professor in Data Science (Data Management)
Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) Nora
Universitetslektor ved Ambulatorisk klinikk
Norges miljø- og biovitenskapelige universitet (NMBU)