Development manager at NGI Stockholm, KTH
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, Skolan för kemi, bioteknologi och hälsa
School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health (CBH) is one of the five schools of KTH and a strong constellation for research and education in the broader areas of health, environment, energy and materials. The School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health conducts research and education in areas that cover several global challenges. Among them are the need of sustainable energy, health and aging population, climate change, sustainable production and working life, food production and clean water.
Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab, http://www.scilifelab.se/ ) is a national center for large-scale life science research with an advanced technological infrastructure. At SciLifeLab, multidisciplinary research is carried out based on DNA sequencing, gene expression analysis, proteomics, bioinformatics, biostatistics and system biology. The goal is to enable Swedish researchers to analyze genes, transcripts and proteins in different organisms in order to map molecular mechanisms related to health and the environment. Examples of thematic research areas that are currently being processed within SciLifeLab are clinical genomics/proteomics, cancer genome and the genomics of complex diseases as well as ecological and environmental genomics.
The National Genomics Infrastructure (NGI) platform at Science for Life Laboratory is a national resource that offers large-scale sequencing and analysis of sequencing data to partners.
We are now looking for a person to be responsible for development at NGI Stockholm. The development team looks at new methods, kits, instruments and applications, trouble-shoots larger problems with existing methods and instruments. Key tasks are managing the development team of approximately 10 researchers, research engineers, bioinformaticians and system developers, translating strategic goals into the daily operations, having responsibility for developing and validating new protocols and processes -including informatics solutions. Much time is devoted to meeting with possible collaborating partners, including for example individual research groups and sales representatives. In addition, the candidate is expected to participate in outreach activities and aid in report- and application writing.
- Manage research and development activities at NGI Stockholm
- Translate strategic decisions to day-to-day operations
- Plan scientific projects with partners
- Responsibility for the development team
- Participation in management team, and coordinate development efforts within NGI and SciLifeLab within Genomics
- Doctoral degree with experience of genomics, molecular biology and bioinformatics or equivalent experience
- Thorough understanding and broad experience of Next Generation Sequencing, from project design through data analysis
- Interest in working with novel, cutting edge technologies
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Experience of leading teams
- Experience of working with both short- and long-read sequencing technologies
- Broad experience with different NGS applications and research fields
- Experience in developing new technologies, protocols, software and/or systems
- Experience of, and skills in service or research support
- Experience of, and skills in teaching and presentation technique
We are looking for a candidate with strong strategic and problem solving analytical ability. To excel in this role, you need to be able to see the big picture as well as lead and co-operate with other people.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competence and suitability.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage .
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad. Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application.
The employment begins with a six month probation period.
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here .
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Type of employment: Permanent position
Working hours: Full time
Salary: Monthly salary
Reference number: C-2020-0064
Last application date: 2020-02-17
Arbeidsgiveravgift andre annonser
Assistant Professor in Entrepreneurship, SMEs or Strategic Management (tenure track, 100%)
University of St. Gallen Sveits
Doktorand i pedagogiskt arbete
Karlstads universitet Karlstad
University of Basel Basel
PhD Position in Shoulder Biomechanics of Rotator Cuff Tear
University of Basel Basel
Doctoral Position in Neuroimmunology Research
University of Basel Basel