Assistant (12298) - Animal Sciences and Aquatic Ecology
→ Apply until 18/06/2019 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Bioscience Engineering
→ Department BW22 - Animal Sciences and Aquatic Ecology
→ AAP temporary appointment - 100%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 2019/BW22/AS/004
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programs that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- Scientific research in the field of immunology and biomedical biotechnology, bacterial-host interactions and vaccine development for humans and animals in preparation for a doctorate (at least 50% of the time should be spent on research within the framework of the preparation of a doctorate).
- You will assist in the teaching activities at the department, specifically in the field of immunology, biotechnology of human and animal cells, biomedical biotechnology and animal production systems.
- Supervising theses and internships.
- You will assist in the internal and external services of the department.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You hold a degree of Master with knowledge on:
- Molecular biotechnology
- Biotechnology of human and animal cells
- Certificate Laboratory Animal Science is an asset (Felasa C)
For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- Students in their final Master year (AY 2018-2019) can apply when obtaining their degree at the end of the second semester.
- You are interested in academic and/or project-based research and services.
- You have excellent teaching and communication skills. Any teaching experience or participation in extra training, conferences, etc. presents an added value.
- You have a good knowledge of Dutch and English.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a junior assistant or doctoral fellow at a university within the Flemish Community, this appointment will be deducted from the maximum term of appointment, which is six years at the most according to the Codex of Higher Education.
- Your appointment will start on 1 August 2019 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en).
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Daisy Vanrompay (Daisy Vanrompay@UGent.be, +32 9 2645972).
Arbeidsgiveravgift andre annonser
Universitetslektor i arbetsterapi
Umeå Universitet Umeå
Professor, Centrum för forskning om barns och ungdomars psykiska hälsa
Karlstads universitet Karlstad
Lektor i produktionssystem med inriktning mot automation
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan Stockholm
Universitetslektor i ekonomisk historia
Stockholms universitet Stockholm
Projektledare Frontrunners for Sustainable Innovation
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan Stockholm