Copernicus Project Officer
Responsible to the Head of Copernicus unit to support the implementation of Copernicus activities and projects at the EU SatCen.
- Supports technical and scientific work of projects execution as described in projects’ Description of Work;
- Perform Earth Observation (EO) R&D activities, including Satellite image analysis for projects as well as GIS development (database generation, specific layers of interest, web mapping services (WPS), etc.) and applications developments;
- Prepares reports to the Financial Assistant on the expenditure of the project budget;
- Liaises and cooperate with external and internal partners involved in the projects;
- Supports the preparation of new projects proposals;
- Prepares regular updates of project status;
- Supports the Reference Mapping Service delivery and Service Evolution delivery as part of the implementation of the ongoing SLA with Frontex;
- Assists the Project Managers in the execution of projects and unit activities;
- Performs any other duties appropriate to the grade and experience assigned by the Head of Division or by the Head of the Copernicus Unit.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary education, preferably studies in science, engineering or earth sciences;
- Professional experience of at least 3 years in a field related to Earth Observation in support of security, defence, maritime and border surveillance;
- Experience in digital imagery processing and geospatial analysis;
- Knowledge of technical, financial and administrative aspects of R&D projects (e.g. in the Horizon 2020 framework);
- A good knowledge of MS Office incl. PowerPoint and MS Project;
- Working knowledge of ESRI GIS Suite, ERDAS and/or similar software as well as a good working knowledge of any GIS software;
- An excellent command of English and knowledge of another EU language.
- Experience in international organizations;
- Knowledge of Earth Observation applied to security, defence, maritime and border surveillance;
- Knowledge of the institutional framework, decision-making procedures of the European Union (space and security domain);
- GIS software development (E.g. Python scripting) experience.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent oral, written communication in English and presentation skills;
- Ability to draft clear and concise reports and deliverables;
- Good time management skills;
- Ability to adapt to dynamically changing situations;
- Good coordination, cooperation and inter-personal skills, ability to work in a team;
- Research skills and orientation to innovation.
- Nationality of an E.U. Member State;
- Security Clearance to at least SECRET UE, or equivalent. In case the successful candidate is not in possession of such a clearance, the EU SatCen will request it, but no appointment will be fully confirmed until it has been received;
- Stress resistant and good state of health;
- Driving license.
Professor i botanik, särskilt växtfysiologi
Uppsala universitet Uppsala
Professor in Business Administration, with specialisation in consumer marketing
Open Position: for a Scientific Coordinator, or Master in Science
University of Basel Basel
University of Basel Basel
Lecturer in Physiotherapy, Neurological/Respiratory
University College Birmingham Storbritannia